Nature and the environment is at the heart of Essensorie’s ethos. We believe that the onus of sustainability should not lie solely with the consumer. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Businesses should lead the way in sustainability and empower customers to make better environmental decisions. So, at Essensorie, how do we operate in an environmentally sustainable manner?
Bring your empty Essensorie bottle or jar back to us to receive 10% off the replacement product purchase. We will thoroughly sanitise and reuse returned packaging if it is in perfect condition. You can do so by visiting our Block Arcade shop or sending them back in the post.
- Our plastic tubes are derived from sugarcane rather than petroleum. Over time we hope to change any other plastics that we use over to more sustainable alternatives. If your local council recycling does not accept such bioplastic, you can return the tubes to us and we will have them recycled by the manufacturer.
- Our bottles and jars are glass with the exception of just a few products. Glass - unlike plastic - is not manufactured using a fossil fuel and is infinitely recyclable. Also, the tactile weight of glass makes our products just that little bit extra special. Glass is class.
- Whereas synthetic fragrance used by most fragrance and cosmetic brands is made using petroleum, our fragrances come from Mother Nature only. Essential oils are distilled from plants not synthesised with petrol.
- Whenever possible we minimise the packaging that we use. For example, we don’t package our products in unnecessary cardboard boxes.
- We don’t offer plastic bags in the store. Instead we opt for paper carry bags and unbleached cotton gift sacks.
Our online shipping packaging is all biodegradable and recyclable. We use cardboard boxes, protective packaging and tape.
- At our Block Arcade store we aim to reduce our waste as much as possible. We collect soft plastics to be recycled with RedCycle. We make use of The Arcade's bins for our general paper, cardboard, glass and metal recycling. Any polystyrene and organics are deposited for recycling/composting at the nearby Degraves Street Recycling Facility. Our goal is to send nothing to landfill.
- We encourage our customers to opt for digital receipts over paper receipts.
- Some of our products - such as Desk Diffusers and Botanical Bags - can be continually re-fragranced with our Essence Blends. There is no need to buy an entirely new product when the fragrance runs low.
- Our studio upstairs at The Block Arcade is powered by renewable energy with PowerShop.