Nature and the environment is at the heart of Essensorie’s ethos. We believe that the onus of sustainability should not lie solely with the consumer. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Businesses should lead the way in sustainability and empower customers to make better environmental decisions. So, at Essensorie, how do we operate in an environmentally sustainable manner?
- Essensorie Dispensary in-store refills now available. Precious Natural Fragrances, Pillow Perfume, Hand Sanitiser, Essence Blends, Home Perfumes, Reed Diffusers, Mask Mist, Air & Surface Sanitiser, Breathe Ease, Mindful Mist and Honeysuckle Hair Shine Serum are all refillable. We are looking to expand this range over time. Please wash your bottle/s before bringing back for us to refill. We are offering 20% off all in-store refills.
- Selected products - such as Pillow Perfume and Hand Sanitiser - can be purchased in larger 250ml refill sizes. If you're interstate or unable to make it into the store to refill, these are a great option. Again, we will expand the product range over time.
- Our plastic tubes are derived from sugarcane rather than petroleum. Over time we hope to change any other plastics that we use over to more sustainable alternatives. If your local council recycling does not accept such bioplastic, you can return the tubes to us and we will have them recycled by the manufacturer.
- Our bottles and jars are glass with the exception of just a few products. Glass - unlike plastic - is not manufactured using a fossil fuel and is infinitely recyclable. Also, the tactile weight of glass makes our products just that little bit extra special. Glass is class.
- Whereas synthetic fragrance used by most fragrance and cosmetic brands is made using petroleum, our fragrances come from Mother Nature only. Essential oils are distilled from plants not synthesised with petrol.
- Whenever possible we minimise the packaging that we use. For example, we don’t package our products in unnecessary cardboard boxes.
- We don’t offer plastic bags in the store. Instead we opt for brown paper carry bags and unbleached cotton gift sacks. In the future we are going to experiment with phasing out single use paper bags altogether.
Our online shipping packaging is all biodegradable and recyclable. We use cardboard boxes, protective packaging and tape.
- At our Block Arcade store we aim to reduce our waste as much as possible. We collect soft plastics to be recycled with RedCycle. We make use of The Arcade's bins for our general paper, cardboard, glass and metal recycling. Any polystyrene and organics are deposited for recycling/composting at the nearby Degraves Street Recycling Facility. Our goal is to send nothing to landfill.
- We encourage our customers to opt for digital receipts over paper receipts.
- Any products that we don't yet refill in-store can be brought back to us for reuse. We will thoroughly clean and sanitise any bottles for reuse. They must be in perfect useable condition.
- Some of our products - such as Desk Diffusers and Botanical Bags - can be continually re-fragranced with our Ambience Essences (pure essential oil). There is no need to buy an entirely new product when the fragrance runs low.
- Our studio upstairs at The Block Arcade is powered by renewable energy with PowerShop.